TERASIP (en)

terasip and Microsoft LCS

terasip and Microsoft LCS Post Reply
08.01.2009 08:57 biaggio00@online.gmail.com

I'm trying to use terasip TAPI provider with MS LCS.

A network trace showed that the REGISTER request receives a "400 Invalid contact information" response.

Below contact info comparaison between terasip and a working connection(MS communicator)

terasip->Contact: ;+sip.instance="7168"
communicator->Contact: ;methods="INVITE, MESSAGE, INFO, SUBSCRIBE, OPTIONS, BYE, CANCEL, NOTIFY, ACK, REFER, BENOTIFY";proxy=replace

Is there a way to have terasip working with LSC.

--------------------------
biaggio
biaggio00@gmail.com
--------------------------
Re: terasip and Microsoft LCS Post Reply
08.01.2009 19:22 TERASENS Support

biaggio,

afaik, LCS does not support SIP via UDP (which is SIP default) but TCP and
TLS only.

I think it should be sufficient to add the transport parameter to your
target URL, e.g. make a call to:

sip:user@domain.com;transport=tcp

Then the contact should have the tcp parameter as well.

Please keep us informed if it works!

Best regards,

Matthias Moetje
-------------------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstraße 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
-------------------------------------
e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
www:   www.terasens.com
-------------------------------------

wrote in message

> I'm trying to use terasip TAPI provider with MS LCS.
>
> A network trace showed that the REGISTER request receives a "400 Invalid
> contact information" response.
>
> Below contact info comparaison between terasip and a working connection(MS
> communicator)
>
> terasip->Contact:
> ;+sip.instance="7168"
> communicator->Contact: ;methods="INVITE,
> MESSAGE, INFO, SUBSCRIBE, OPTIONS, BYE, CANCEL, NOTIFY, ACK, REFER,
> BENOTIFY";proxy=replace
>
> Is there a way to have terasip working with LSC.
>

> --------------------------
> biaggio
> biaggio00@gmail.com
> --------------------------

Re: terasip and Microsoft LCS Post Reply
12.01.2009 08:53 biaggio00@online.gmail.com

Matthias,

I noticed the UDP/TCP issue, not knowing we could specify transport=TCP parm, I configured the line with UDP port to 0 which apparently have the same effect.

Trying with transport=TCP still give the same error(400 malformed SIP URI) for the register request.

Any further help is appreciated.

Best regards

--------------------------
biaggio
biaggio00@gmail.com
--------------------------

>biaggio,
>
>afaik, LCS does not support SIP via UDP (which is SIP default) but TCP and
>TLS only.
>
>I think it should be sufficient to add the transport parameter to your
>target URL, e.g. make a call to:
>
>sip:user@domain.com;transport=tcp
>
>Then the contact should have the tcp parameter as well.
>
>Please keep us informed if it works!
>

>Best regards,
>
>Matthias Moetje
>-------------------------------------
>TERASENS GmbH
>Augustenstraße 24
>80333 Munich, GERMANY
>-------------------------------------
>e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
>www:   www.terasens.com
>-------------------------------------
>

> wrote in message
>>
>> I'm trying to use terasip TAPI provider with MS LCS.
>>
>> A network trace showed that the REGISTER request receives a "400 Invalid
>> contact information" response.
>>
>> Below contact info comparaison between terasip and a working connection(MS
>> communicator)
>>
>> terasip->Contact:
>> ;+sip.instance="7168"
>> communicator->Contact: ;methods="INVITE,
>> MESSAGE, INFO, SUBSCRIBE, OPTIONS, BYE, CANCEL, NOTIFY, ACK, REFER,
>> BENOTIFY";proxy=replace
>>
>> Is there a way to have terasip working with LSC.
>>

>> --------------------------
>> biaggio
>> biaggio00@gmail.com
>> --------------------------

Re: terasip and Microsoft LCS Post Reply
16.01.2009 10:59 TERASENS Support

Biaggio,

what is the contact header like when you specify the transport?
Does it cointain the TCP parameter?
You could try to add the transport parameter to the originating
SIP URI in the TERASIP configuration (Address Config >> Common
Tab) as well and see if that helps...

--
Best regards,

Matthias Moetje
-------------------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstraße 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
-------------------------------------

wrote in message
> Matthias,
>
> I noticed the UDP/TCP issue, not knowing we could specify transport=TCP
> parm, I configured the line with UDP port to 0 which apparently have the
> same effect.
>
> Trying with transport=TCP still give the same error(400 malformed SIP URI)
> for the register request.
>
> Any further help is appreciated.
>
> Best regards
>

> --------------------------
> biaggio
> biaggio00@gmail.com
> --------------------------
>

>>biaggio,
>>
>>afaik, LCS does not support SIP via UDP (which is SIP default) but TCP and
>>TLS only.
>>
>>I think it should be sufficient to add the transport parameter to your
>>target URL, e.g. make a call to:
>>
>>sip:user@domain.com;transport=tcp
>>
>>Then the contact should have the tcp parameter as well.
>>
>>Please keep us informed if it works!
>>

>>Best regards,
>>
>>Matthias Moetje
>>-------------------------------------
>>TERASENS GmbH
>>Augustenstraße 24
>>80333 Munich, GERMANY
>>-------------------------------------
>>e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
>>www:   www.terasens.com
>>-------------------------------------
>>

>> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use terasip TAPI provider with MS LCS.
>>>
>>> A network trace showed that the REGISTER request receives a "400 Invalid
>>> contact information" response.
>>>
>>> Below contact info comparaison between terasip and a working
>>> connection(MS
>>> communicator)
>>>
>>> terasip->Contact:
>>> ;+sip.instance="7168"
>>> communicator->Contact:
>>> ;methods="INVITE,
>>> MESSAGE, INFO, SUBSCRIBE, OPTIONS, BYE, CANCEL, NOTIFY, ACK, REFER,
>>> BENOTIFY";proxy=replace
>>>
>>> Is there a way to have terasip working with LSC.
>>>

>>> --------------------------
>>> biaggio
>>> biaggio00@gmail.com
>>> --------------------------

Re: terasip and Microsoft LCS Post Reply
22.01.2009 09:45 biaggio00@online.gmail.com

Matthias,

below the contact header, is the "+sip.instance ..." normal ?
Contact: ;+sip.instance="3584"

I could not find the TERASIP configuration(Address Config>>Common Tab) you mentioned.
I'm going into Control Panel>>phone and modems options>>Advanced tab>>"TERASENS Service provider for SIP" to configure the provider, is it the right place.

Best regards

Blaise

--------------------------
biaggio
biaggio00@gmail.com
--------------------------

>Biaggio,
>
>what is the contact header like when you specify the transport?
>Does it cointain the TCP parameter?
>You could try to add the transport parameter to the originating
>SIP URI in the TERASIP configuration (Address Config >> Common
>Tab) as well and see if that helps...
>

>--
>Best regards,
>
>Matthias Moetje
>-------------------------------------
>TERASENS GmbH
>Augustenstraße 24
>80333 Munich, GERMANY
>-------------------------------------
>e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
>www:   www.terasens.com
>-------------------------------------
>

> wrote in message
>> Matthias,
>>
>> I noticed the UDP/TCP issue, not knowing we could specify transport=TCP
>> parm, I configured the line with UDP port to 0 which apparently have the
>> same effect.
>>
>> Trying with transport=TCP still give the same error(400 malformed SIP URI)
>> for the register request.
>>
>> Any further help is appreciated.
>>
>> Best regards
>>

>> --------------------------
>> biaggio
>> biaggio00@gmail.com
>> --------------------------
>>

>>>biaggio,
>>>
>>>afaik, LCS does not support SIP via UDP (which is SIP default) but TCP and
>>>TLS only.
>>>
>>>I think it should be sufficient to add the transport parameter to your
>>>target URL, e.g. make a call to:
>>>
>>>sip:user@domain.com;transport=tcp
>>>
>>>Then the contact should have the tcp parameter as well.
>>>
>>>Please keep us informed if it works!
>>>

>>>Best regards,
>>>
>>>Matthias Moetje
>>>-------------------------------------
>>>TERASENS GmbH
>>>Augustenstraße 24
>>>80333 Munich, GERMANY
>>>-------------------------------------
>>>e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
>>>www:   www.terasens.com
>>>-------------------------------------
>>>

>>> wrote in message

Re: terasip and Microsoft LCS Post Reply
23.01.2009 18:27 TERASENS Support

Blaise,

I'm sorry, internally it's the configuration of the "TAPI Address" but
it's not called this way in the UI.

There is a simple and advanced (multiple TAPI lines) configuration mode.
Usually there is only a single line and you can see the list of configured
profiles (= TAPI Addresses), so you just select the profile, click on
Configure and you should see the "Common" tab I mentioned.

> below the contact header, is the "+sip.instance ..." normal ?
> Contact:
> ;+sip.instance="3584"

This is normal and in conformance with the SIP spec!

Best regards,

Matthias Moetje
-------------------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstraße 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
-------------------------------------
e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
www:   www.terasens.com
-------------------------------------

RE: terasip and Microsoft LCS Post Reply
26.01.2009 09:05 biaggio00@online.gmail.com

Matthias,

transport=tcp has been configured for both SIP URI and target URL.
Error is still the same(Status-Line: SIP/2.0 400 Invalid Contact information)

Below contact sent from Terasens compared to communicator.

TeraSIP trace
Contact: ;+sip.instance="3328"

Communicator trace
Contact: ;methods="INVITE, MESSAGE, INFO, SUBSCRIBE, OPTIONS, BYE, CANCEL, NOTIFY, ACK, REFER, BENOTIFY";proxy=replace

Communicator is just sending the IP address as opposed to Terasens sending NAME@IPADDRESS.
Could this be the issue ? is there a way to have Terasens SIP provider to behave the same as communicator ?

If not I'll give up and not bother you with this any further.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards

Biaggio
Re: terasip and Microsoft LCS Post Reply
28.01.2009 06:34 TERASENS Support

Biaggio,

I am not sure if it is possible with TERASIP to send a contact without the
user part in the URL. We plan to do some testing with OCS in the future,
but at the moment I can't tell for sure what's actually causing the
failure...

Best regards,

Matthias Moetje
-------------------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstraße 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
-------------------------------------

wrote in message
> Matthias,
>
> transport=tcp has been configured for both SIP URI and target URL.
> Error is still the same(Status-Line: SIP/2.0 400 Invalid Contact
> information)
>
> Below contact sent from Terasens compared to communicator.
>
> TeraSIP trace
> Contact: ;+sip.instance="3328"
>

> Communicator trace
> Contact: ;methods="INVITE, MESSAGE, INFO,
> SUBSCRIBE, OPTIONS, BYE, CANCEL, NOTIFY, ACK, REFER,
> BENOTIFY";proxy=replace
>
> Communicator is just sending the IP address as opposed to Terasens sending
> NAME@IPADDRESS.
> Could this be the issue ? is there a way to have Terasens SIP provider to
> behave the same as communicator ?
>
> If not I'll give up and not bother you with this any further.
>
> Thanks for your support.
>
> Best regards
>
> Biaggio

 Write Us|  Add to favorites

 ©2009 TERASENS GmbH. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice