TERASIP (en)

Field Mappings / Registrar Information

Field Mappings / Registrar Information Post Reply
16.07.2009 12:19 John Bonner

Hello,

Where would I put the regisrar info for a SIP provider such as Broadvoice?

For example I know where to put everything BUT the registrar in the Terasens
config:
outbound_proxy_server: proxy-nyc.broadvoice.com
proxy_port: 5060
registrar_server: sip.broadvoice.com
registrar_port: 5060
phone_number: 4065520210
auth_id: 4065520210
auth_password: ********
ntp_ip: ntp.broadvoice.com
DTMF: rfc2833 if available, fail over to InBand if rfc2833 not supported

Thank You

Re: Field Mappings / Registrar Information Post Reply
16.07.2009 20:43 TERASENS Support

John,

there is currently no way to specify this separately, but
you can try and see if the proxy forwards the registration.
Please enter the proxy in the proxy field and sip.broadvoice.com
in the realm field.

Please tell me if this works!

Best regards,

Matthias Moetje
-------------------------------------
TAPI WIKI: http://www.tapi.info
-------------------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstraße 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
-------------------------------------
e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
www:   www.terasens.com
-------------------------------------

"John Bonner" wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Where would I put the regisrar info for a SIP provider such as Broadvoice?
>
> For example I know where to put everything BUT the registrar in the
> Terasens config:
> outbound_proxy_server: proxy-nyc.broadvoice.com
> proxy_port: 5060
> registrar_server: sip.broadvoice.com
> registrar_port: 5060
> phone_number: 4065520210
> auth_id: 4065520210
> auth_password: ********
> ntp_ip: ntp.broadvoice.com
> DTMF: rfc2833 if available, fail over to InBand if rfc2833 not supported
>
> Thank You

Re: Field Mappings / Registrar Information Post Reply
16.07.2009 12:51 John Bonner

No sorry I tried that. I get a 401 Unauthorized in WireShark.

"TERASENS Support" wrote in message
> John,
>
> there is currently no way to specify this separately, but
> you can try and see if the proxy forwards the registration.
> Please enter the proxy in the proxy field and sip.broadvoice.com
> in the realm field.
>
> Please tell me if this works!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Matthias Moetje
> -------------------------------------
> TAPI WIKI: http://www.tapi.info
> -------------------------------------
> TERASENS GmbH
> Augustenstraße 24
> 80333 Munich, GERMANY
> -------------------------------------
> e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
> www:   www.terasens.com
> -------------------------------------
>
> "John Bonner" wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Where would I put the regisrar info for a SIP provider such as
>> Broadvoice?
>>
>> For example I know where to put everything BUT the registrar in the
>> Terasens config:
>> outbound_proxy_server: proxy-nyc.broadvoice.com
>> proxy_port: 5060
>> registrar_server: sip.broadvoice.com
>> registrar_port: 5060
>> phone_number: 4065520210
>> auth_id: 4065520210
>> auth_password: ********
>> ntp_ip: ntp.broadvoice.com
>> DTMF: rfc2833 if available, fail over to InBand if rfc2833 not supported
>>
>> Thank You

Re: Field Mappings / Registrar Information Post Reply
17.07.2009 02:21 TERASENS Support

But when you use sip.broadvoice.com instead, registration
does succeed? I expect you will be able to receive calls
but probably unable to create calls, correct?

We will create a new version where you can specify an alternate
outbound proxy, soon!

Best regards,

Matthias Moetje
-------------------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstraße 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
-------------------------------------
e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
www:   www.terasens.com
-------------------------------------

Re: Field Mappings / Registrar Information Post Reply
16.07.2009 19:28 John Bonner

OK to clarify when I use the registrar in the Realm field I get the 401
unauthorized. Haven't tried inbound calls. Will do so and let you know
Wireshark results.

> But when you use sip.broadvoice.com instead, registration
> does succeed? I expect you will be able to receive calls
> but probably unable to create calls, correct?
>
> We will create a new version where you can specify an alternate
> outbound proxy, soon!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Matthias Moetje
> TERASENS GmbH
> Augustenstraße 24
> 80333 Munich, GERMANY
> e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
> www:   www.terasens.com

 Write Us|  Add to favorites

 ©2009 TERASENS GmbH. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice