TERAVoice General (en)

Voice quality problem

Voice quality problem Post Reply
04.03.2005 11:10 seb.gosset@online.tiscali.fr

Hello
all my firts testings are quiet Ok for now with teravoice free but I got a quality problem (scratching & horrible robot voice) even with the commercial message at the begining of the call.
where to adjust this & how??

I use PIII-933 , windows 2000 Pro , Olitec RNIS (capi compliant) ISDN TA (also knowned as Bewan Gazel 128k)

--------------------------
-BaSToS-
--------------------------

RE: Voice quality problem Post Reply
04.03.2005 11:24 seb.gosset@online.tiscali.fr

Recording an incoming call is ok, it's in the outgoing direction that the problem is.

--------------------------
-BaSToS-
--------------------------

>Hello
>all my firts testings are quiet Ok for now with teravoice free but I got a quality problem (scratching & horrible robot voice) even with the commercial message at the begining of the call.
>where to adjust this & how??
>
>I use PIII-933 , windows 2000 Pro , Olitec RNIS (capi compliant) ISDN TA (also knowned as Bewan Gazel 128k)
>
>--------------------------
>-BaSToS-
>--------------------------

Re: Voice quality problem Post Reply
04.03.2005 15:55 TERASENS Support

Bastos,

probably this is one of the most common problems. In ISDN networks
there are 2 different types of audio codecs:

- G.711 A-Law and
- G.711 u-Law

The first one is used in Europe while the second one is used in North
America.
When you install TERAVoice on an English Windows version in Europe,
u-Law is set by default, which is wrong.

Please right-click the telephony hardware node in TERAVoice Administration
console and select Properties. In the device list select one of the
"ISDN Interface x..." devices and click on "Configure Device".
Select the root node with the computer symbol and click on properties.
In the network audio protocol choose A-Law instead of u-Law. You must
reboot your computer to make these changes effective.

Best regards,

Frank Weber
TERAVoice Support
--------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Ackermannstraße 3
80797 München
--------------------------
e-mail: info@terasens.de
www:   www.terasens.de
--------------------------

wrote in message
> Recording an incoming call is ok, it's in the outgoing direction that the
problem is.

> --------------------------
> -BaSToS-
> --------------------------
>

> >Hello
> >all my firts testings are quiet Ok for now with teravoice free but I got
a quality problem (scratching & horrible robot voice) even with the
commercial message at the begining of the call.
> >where to adjust this & how??
> >
> >I use PIII-933 , windows 2000 Pro , Olitec RNIS (capi compliant) ISDN TA
(also knowned as Bewan Gazel 128k)

> >--------------------------
> >-BaSToS-
> >--------------------------

Re: Voice quality problem Post Reply
04.03.2005 16:38 seb.gosset@online.tiscali.fr

In fact this is a sound volume problem
I succedded in lowering it 1 time but I dont know how
i think it is in the comisdn driver but I could'nt found how to lower sound volume
Please help !

--------------------------
-BaSToS-
--------------------------

>Bastos,
>
>probably this is one of the most common problems. In ISDN networks
>there are 2 different types of audio codecs:
>
>- G.711 A-Law and
>- G.711 u-Law
>
>The first one is used in Europe while the second one is used in North
>America.
>When you install TERAVoice on an English Windows version in Europe,
>u-Law is set by default, which is wrong.
>
>Please right-click the telephony hardware node in TERAVoice Administration
>console and select Properties. In the device list select one of the
>"ISDN Interface x..." devices and click on "Configure Device".
>Select the root node with the computer symbol and click on properties.
>In the network audio protocol choose A-Law instead of u-Law. You must
>reboot your computer to make these changes effective.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Frank Weber
>TERAVoice Support
>--------------------------
>TERASENS GmbH
>Ackermannstraße 3
>80797 München
>--------------------------
>e-mail: info@terasens.de
>www:   www.terasens.de
>--------------------------
>

> wrote in message
>> Recording an incoming call is ok, it's in the outgoing direction that the
>problem is.
>>

>> --------------------------
>> -BaSToS-
>> --------------------------
>>

>> >Hello
>> >all my firts testings are quiet Ok for now with teravoice free but I got
>a quality problem (scratching & horrible robot voice) even with the
>commercial message at the begining of the call.
>> >where to adjust this & how??
>> >
>> >I use PIII-933 , windows 2000 Pro , Olitec RNIS (capi compliant) ISDN TA
>(also knowned as Bewan Gazel 128k)
>> >
>> >--------------------------
>> >-BaSToS-
>> >--------------------------

Re: Voice quality problem Post Reply
04.03.2005 17:46 TERASENS Support

No, if you are using ISDN, then it is not a sound volume problem.
Everything is digital, there are no options to modify sound volume.

Did you try my suggestion?

Best regards,

Frank Weber
TERAVoice Support
--------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Ackermannstraße 3
80797 München
--------------------------
e-mail: info@terasens.de
www:   www.terasens.de
--------------------------

wrote in message

> In fact this is a sound volume problem
> I succedded in lowering it 1 time but I dont know how
> i think it is in the comisdn driver but I could'nt found how to lower
sound volume
> Please help !
>
> --------------------------
> -BaSToS-
> --------------------------
>

> >Bastos,
> >
> >probably this is one of the most common problems. In ISDN networks
> >there are 2 different types of audio codecs:
> >
> >- G.711 A-Law and
> >- G.711 u-Law
> >
> >The first one is used in Europe while the second one is used in North
> >America.
> >When you install TERAVoice on an English Windows version in Europe,
> >u-Law is set by default, which is wrong.
> >
> >Please right-click the telephony hardware node in TERAVoice
Administration
> >console and select Properties. In the device list select one of the
> >"ISDN Interface x..." devices and click on "Configure Device".
> >Select the root node with the computer symbol and click on properties.
> >In the network audio protocol choose A-Law instead of u-Law. You must
> >reboot your computer to make these changes effective.
> >
> >Best regards,
> >
> >Frank Weber
> >TERAVoice Support
> >--------------------------
> >TERASENS GmbH
> >Ackermannstraße 3
> >80797 München
> >--------------------------
> >e-mail: info@terasens.de
> >www:   www.terasens.de
> >--------------------------
> >

> > wrote in message
> >> Recording an incoming call is ok, it's in the outgoing direction that
the
> >problem is.
> >>

> >> --------------------------
> >> -BaSToS-
> >> --------------------------

> >a quality problem (scratching & horrible robot voice) even with the
> >commercial message at the begining of the call.

TA
> >(also knowned as Bewan Gazel 128k)

Re: Voice quality problem Post Reply
04.03.2005 17:12 seb.gosset@online.tiscali.fr

Yeah but it was allready set to G.711 A-Law
any idea ???

>No, if you are using ISDN, then it is not a sound volume problem.
>Everything is digital, there are no options to modify sound volume.
>
>Did you try my suggestion?
>

>Best regards,
>
>Frank Weber
>TERAVoice Support
>--------------------------
>TERASENS GmbH
>Ackermannstraße 3
>80797 München
>--------------------------
>e-mail: info@terasens.de
>www:   www.terasens.de
>--------------------------
>

> wrote in message
>>
>> In fact this is a sound volume problem
>> I succedded in lowering it 1 time but I dont know how
>> i think it is in the comisdn driver but I could'nt found how to lower
>sound volume
>> Please help !
>>
>> --------------------------
>> -BaSToS-
>> --------------------------
>>

>> >Bastos,
>> >
>> >probably this is one of the most common problems. In ISDN networks
>> >there are 2 different types of audio codecs:
>> >
>> >- G.711 A-Law and
>> >- G.711 u-Law
>> >
>> >The first one is used in Europe while the second one is used in North
>> >America.
>> >When you install TERAVoice on an English Windows version in Europe,
>> >u-Law is set by default, which is wrong.
>> >
>> >Please right-click the telephony hardware node in TERAVoice
>Administration
>> >console and select Properties. In the device list select one of the
>> >"ISDN Interface x..." devices and click on "Configure Device".
>> >Select the root node with the computer symbol and click on properties.
>> >In the network audio protocol choose A-Law instead of u-Law. You must
>> >reboot your computer to make these changes effective.
>> >
>> >Best regards,
>> >
>> >Frank Weber
>> >TERAVoice Support
>> >--------------------------
>> >TERASENS GmbH
>> >Ackermannstraße 3
>> >80797 München
>> >--------------------------
>> >e-mail: info@terasens.de
>> >www:   www.terasens.de
>> >--------------------------
>> >

>> > wrote in message
>the
>> >problem is.

>got
>> >a quality problem (scratching & horrible robot voice) even with the
>> >commercial message at the begining of the call.

>TA
>> >(also knowned as Bewan Gazel 128k)

 Write Us|  Add to favorites

 ©2009 TERASENS GmbH. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice