TERAVoice General (en)

CALLER ID not showing up

CALLER ID not showing up Post Reply
06.11.2007 21:58 simon@online.kabbalah.com

Hi,

for some reason the caller id will not display the number in the log. I know the modem supports caller id and when I call using the server's dialer program to my cell phone, it displays a caller id. Do you have any idea what i am missing? Thanks for the help.

By the way, I tried to install the 2007 beta but I am having problems making my IVR script the default.

--------------------------
simon abejo
simon@kabbalah.com
--------------------------
Re: CALLER ID not showing up Post Reply
06.11.2007 23:22 TERASENS Support

Hi Simon,

I just sent you a private e-mail with a patch for the problem with setting
the default extension.

Regarding caller ID: You say that you see the caller ID on your cell phone
when you call from the computer?
This does not mean that it must work the other way round!

To get the caller ID working you check the following:

- Does your provider support caller id?
- Is this feature really activated and running for your subscription?
- Is there any other device where incoming caller id is working?
- Does the modem support caller id?
- Does the modem support the same caller id method than your telco? (there
are different methods!)
  Best to check if your modem is explicitly made for your country
- Do you see the caller id with another teleponhy application?
- You could also create a modem log (Control Panel >> Phones and Modem
Options >> Modem >> Activate Log file

Best regards,

Frank Weber
TERAVoice Support
--------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstraße 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
--------------------------
e-mail: info@terasens.com
www:   www.terasens.com
--------------------------

wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> for some reason the caller id will not display the number in the log. I
> know the modem supports caller id and when I call using the server's
> dialer program to my cell phone, it displays a caller id. Do you have any
> idea what i am missing? Thanks for the help.
>
> By the way, I tried to install the 2007 beta but I am having problems
> making my IVR script the default.
>

> --------------------------
> simon abejo
> simon@kabbalah.com
> --------------------------

Re: CALLER ID not showing up Post Reply
07.11.2007 17:40 simon@online.kabbalah.com

Thanks Frank.

The phone line dont have caller id enable. I am having it enable as we speak so hopefully that should fix it.

As for setting a default extention, I am still getting this error after I move the tvConfig2.dll to
C:\Program Files\TERAVoice Server 2007 Beta4 Build 920

anyway, this is the error i am getting:

----
ADODB.Fields: Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. Line 1208 in Configuration.SetDefaultExtension
ErrNumber: 3265
ErrLine: 1958

tvAdmin - SetAsDefault_Click

TERAVoice Server 2007 Beta 4 (tvAdminSnapIn2)

2.0.920

Build:3790 Service Pack 2

---

Thanks again for your help

--------------------------
simon abejo
simon@kabbalah.com
--------------------------

>Hi Simon,
>
>I just sent you a private e-mail with a patch for the problem with setting
>the default extension.
>
>Regarding caller ID: You say that you see the caller ID on your cell phone
>when you call from the computer?
>This does not mean that it must work the other way round!
>
>To get the caller ID working you check the following:
>
>- Does your provider support caller id?
>- Is this feature really activated and running for your subscription?
>- Is there any other device where incoming caller id is working?
>- Does the modem support caller id?
>- Does the modem support the same caller id method than your telco? (there
>are different methods!)
>  Best to check if your modem is explicitly made for your country
>- Do you see the caller id with another teleponhy application?
>- You could also create a modem log (Control Panel >> Phones and Modem
>Options >> Modem >> Activate Log file
>

>Best regards,
>
>Frank Weber
>TERAVoice Support
>--------------------------
>TERASENS GmbH
>Augustenstraße 24
>80333 Munich, GERMANY
>--------------------------
>e-mail: info@terasens.com
>www:   www.terasens.com
>--------------------------
>
> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> for some reason the caller id will not display the number in the log. I
>> know the modem supports caller id and when I call using the server's
>> dialer program to my cell phone, it displays a caller id. Do you have any
>> idea what i am missing? Thanks for the help.
>>
>> By the way, I tried to install the 2007 beta but I am having problems
>> making my IVR script the default.
>>

>> --------------------------
>> simon abejo
>> simon@kabbalah.com
>> --------------------------

Re: CALLER ID not showing up Post Reply
07.11.2007 21:50 TERASENS Support

Simon,

I'm sorry, you also need to replace the tvConfig2.dll file in the following
folder:

C:\Program Files\ComPlus Applications\{6AA7B29A-8DB8-4D8C-96FA-EAD7ADAFB5FD}

Best regards,

Frank Weber
TERAVoice Support
TERASENS GmbH
Augustenstraße 24
80333 Munich, GERMANY
e-mail: info@terasens.com
www:   www.terasens.com

 Write Us|  Add to favorites

 ©2009 TERASENS GmbH. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice