TERAVoice General (en)

Re: Trunk Gateway

Re: Trunk Gateway Post Reply
09.02.2005 21:29 qwerty@online.vide.lv

Hi

I'm looking for VoIP gateway, that could interconnect two or more PBXes together transparently. Example: i dial 0 123 on my telephone to connect to other PBXes extension. Digit 0 is a code for ISDN trunk selection on which VoIP gateway is located, digit 1 represents a route (IP address) to other VoIP gateway with PBX and number 23 is an extension i want to call to on that PBX. In such way it is transparent for users to make calls as it works like standard telephony (they only dial a number and waits for call pickup) and eliminates a need to pay to a telephony company for calls, especially it is useful if making international calls between company subsidaries if every have their own PBX. Right now I'm experimenting with my own old Siemens Hicom 100E to call my friends trough TERAVoice to their H.323 client software, but i want to interconnect it with PBX of my company in the way I mentioned above :))

I hope you understood my idea :))

--------------------------
Juris
qwerty@vide.lv
--------------------------

>Hello,
>
>there are plans to implement some soft-PBX features in the next version.
>Could you please explain what kind of functionality you are looking for
>exactly?
>

>Frank Weber
>TERAVoice Support
>--------------------------
>TERASENS GmbH
>Ackermannstraße 3
>80797 München
>--------------------------
>e-mail: info@terasens.de
>www:   www.terasens.de
>--------------------------
>
> wrote in message
>>

>> --------------------------
>> Juris
>> qwerty@vide.lv
>> --------------------------
>>

>> >Hi again :)
>>
>> Is there (or will be) any possibility to use your software as trunk
>gateway so it coul'd be more transparent and native for PBX and digital
>phones whitch don't use tone dialing?

Re: Trunk Gateway Post Reply
10.02.2005 15:58 TERASENS Support

Hi Juris,

we are currently thinking about the implementation of a new call handler of
type
"Gateway Connector". Problem is that when you for example operate TERAVoice
on extension 22 and you dial 2256645, you won't be able to detect the digits
after 22. A solution could be to dial only 22, then you receive a new
dialtone
generated by TERAVoice (but TERAVoice would need to know how long
numbers are). So we do not have a perfect solution for this yet.

But something is already possible: You can connect at least two offices with
TERAVoice. For every extension that office A calls in office B a separate
CallHandler of type H.323 needs to be configured. Then on A you configure
the IP address of B as gateway in the H.323 configuration (in the H.323
Call Handler configuration click on the Gateway button).
Then you check the "H.323 Gateway..." checkbox and enter the target number
in the box below. On the other side you need to perform similar actions.
This feature war implemented to achieve compatibility with Cisco Callmanager
and other systems, but it should work for connecting 2 TERAVoice Servers,
too. Though, this is not yet tested or supported.

Best regards,

Frank Weber
TERAVoice Support
--------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Ackermannstraße 3
80797 München
--------------------------
e-mail: info@terasens.de
www:   www.terasens.de
--------------------------

wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for VoIP gateway, that could interconnect two or more PBXes
together transparently. Example: i dial 0 123 on my telephone to connect to
other PBXes extension. Digit 0 is a code for ISDN trunk selection on which
VoIP gateway is located, digit 1 represents a route (IP address) to other
VoIP gateway with PBX and number 23 is an extension i want to call to on
that PBX. In such way it is transparent for users to make calls as it works
like standard telephony (they only dial a number and waits for call pickup)
and eliminates a need to pay to a telephony company for calls, especially it
is useful if making international calls between company subsidaries if every
have their own PBX. Right now I'm experimenting with my own old Siemens
Hicom 100E to call my friends trough TERAVoice to their H.323 client
software, but i want to interconnect it with PBX of my company in the way I
mentioned above :))

> I hope you understood my idea :))
>

> --------------------------
> Juris
> qwerty@vide.lv
> --------------------------
>

> >Hello,
> >
> >there are plans to implement some soft-PBX features in the next version.
> >Could you please explain what kind of functionality you are looking for
> >exactly?
> >

> >Frank Weber
> >TERAVoice Support
> >--------------------------
> >TERASENS GmbH
> >Ackermannstraße 3
> >80797 München
> >--------------------------
> >e-mail: info@terasens.de
> >www:   www.terasens.de
> >--------------------------
> >
> > wrote in message

> >> Juris
> >> qwerty@vide.lv

> >> Is there (or will be) any possibility to use your software as trunk
> >gateway so it coul'd be more transparent and native for PBX and digital
> >phones whitch don't use tone dialing?

 Write Us|  Add to favorites

 ©2009 TERASENS GmbH. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice