TERAVoice General (en)

Free editions SP1

Free editions SP1 Post Reply
20.04.2005 08:37 alex@online.kritikal.org

Hi,

i have downloaded and installed the free edition SP1 on a win xp pro box with SP2. I have a siemens sx303 isdn phone which is supposed to be a full tapi and capi device. When the service runs it picks up calls and immediately hangs up. The server event log contains the following:

Error initialising DTMF detection. Please ensure your device supports DTMF detection and you have the latest drivers installed  (4122)

Then followed by:

Invalid procedure call or argument (Line 2595) event id (5).

Can you help?

--------------------------
Alex Kritikos
kritikal.org
alex@kritikal.org
--------------------------

Re: Free editions SP1 Post Reply
21.04.2005 14:46 TERASENS Support

Alex,

we have had a report from a customer that the Siemens CAPI driver does
not support DTMF detection.

The second error occurs during call handler assignmnent. For further
investigation
please send me:

- a debug log
- the DTMF routing strings you have configured

To create a debug log, enable logging to file (under Server Options) with
level "Debug Information". Restart TERAVoice and reproduce the
scenario. Then send the errorlog.log to support@terasens.de

You should be able to avoid the second error by disabling call handler
assignment
by inband signaling/DTMF.

Best regards,

Frank Weber
TERAVoice Support
--------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Ackermannstraße 3
80797 München
--------------------------
e-mail: info@terasens.de
www:   www.terasens.de
--------------------------

wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i have downloaded and installed the free edition SP1 on a win xp pro box
with SP2. I have a siemens sx303 isdn phone which is supposed to be a full
tapi and capi device. When the service runs it picks up calls and
immediately hangs up. The server event log contains the following:

> Error initialising DTMF detection. Please ensure your device supports DTMF
detection and you have the latest drivers installed  (4122)

> Then followed by:
>
> Invalid procedure call or argument (Line 2595) event id (5).
>
> Can you help?
>
> --------------------------
> Alex Kritikos
> kritikal.org
> alex@kritikal.org
> --------------------------

Re: Free editions SP1 Post Reply
25.04.2005 11:05 alex@online.kritikal.org

Hi,

I have disabled inband signaling as suggested. I now get the server to answer the line, play the welcome message, provide the menu options by text 2 speech but not recognize DTMF. As you suggested you have had a report that the siemens capi driver does not support detection. I have enabled debug logging and sent you the log as suggested, however is there an alternative capi driver or solution to this problem or is my device incompatible?

Thanks,

--------------------------
Alex Kritikos
kritikal.org
alex@kritikal.org
--------------------------

>Alex,
>
>we have had a report from a customer that the Siemens CAPI driver does
>not support DTMF detection.
>
>The second error occurs during call handler assignmnent. For further
>investigation
>please send me:
>
>- a debug log
>- the DTMF routing strings you have configured
>
>To create a debug log, enable logging to file (under Server Options) with
>level "Debug Information". Restart TERAVoice and reproduce the
>scenario. Then send the errorlog.log to support@terasens.de
>
>You should be able to avoid the second error by disabling call handler
>assignment
>by inband signaling/DTMF.
>

>Best regards,
>
>Frank Weber
>TERAVoice Support
>--------------------------
>TERASENS GmbH
>Ackermannstraße 3
>80797 München
>--------------------------
>e-mail: info@terasens.de
>www:   www.terasens.de
>--------------------------
>

> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> i have downloaded and installed the free edition SP1 on a win xp pro box
>with SP2. I have a siemens sx303 isdn phone which is supposed to be a full
>tapi and capi device. When the service runs it picks up calls and
>immediately hangs up. The server event log contains the following:
>>
>> Error initialising DTMF detection. Please ensure your device supports DTMF
>detection and you have the latest drivers installed  (4122)
>>
>> Then followed by:
>>
>> Invalid procedure call or argument (Line 2595) event id (5).
>>
>> Can you help?
>>
>> --------------------------
>> Alex Kritikos
>> kritikal.org
>> alex@kritikal.org
>> --------------------------

Re: Free editions SP1 Post Reply
25.04.2005 14:36 TERASENS Support

Alex,

thanks very much for sending the log. The problem is very clear: The
Siemens CAPI driver does not support DTMF detection. Probably
the reason for this is that these phone aren't used for IVR applications
usually...
Our CAPI/TAPI driver once had an option to programmatically detect
DTMF tones, but AFAIK it doesn't work in the current version because
all the devices on our hardware compatibility list support the normal way
(via CAPI commands). You can try to set the "Tone Monitoring" to
"Software": Under Telephony Hardware click the "Configure Device"
button, then select the interface "ISDN Interface 1" and click on
properties.
Go to the "Features" tab to find the mentioned setting, but I'm quite sure
it doesn't work. We might reactivate this feature in a future release, but
the current answer is that your device is incompatible with TERAVoice.
You could also check if there is a new CAPI driver from Siemens or
you could contact Siemens and ask if the will fix it. It is a common
function
and all ISDN adapters usually support it...

Best regards,

Frank Weber
TERAVoice Support
--------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Ackermannstraße 3
80797 München
--------------------------
e-mail: info@terasens.de
www:   www.terasens.de
--------------------------

wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I have disabled inband signaling as suggested. I now get the server to
answer the line, play the welcome message, provide the menu options by text
2 speech but not recognize DTMF. As you suggested you have had a report that
the siemens capi driver does not support detection. I have enabled debug
logging and sent you the log as suggested, however is there an alternative
capi driver or solution to this problem or is my device incompatible?

> Thanks,
>
> --------------------------
> Alex Kritikos
> kritikal.org
> alex@kritikal.org
> --------------------------
>

> >Alex,
> >
> >we have had a report from a customer that the Siemens CAPI driver does
> >not support DTMF detection.
> >
> >The second error occurs during call handler assignmnent. For further
> >investigation
> >please send me:
> >
> >- a debug log
> >- the DTMF routing strings you have configured
> >
> >To create a debug log, enable logging to file (under Server Options) with
> >level "Debug Information". Restart TERAVoice and reproduce the
> >scenario. Then send the errorlog.log to support@terasens.de
> >
> >You should be able to avoid the second error by disabling call handler
> >assignment
> >by inband signaling/DTMF.
> >

> >Best regards,
> >
> >Frank Weber
> >TERAVoice Support
> >--------------------------
> >TERASENS GmbH
> >Ackermannstraße 3
> >80797 München
> >--------------------------
> >e-mail: info@terasens.de
> >www:   www.terasens.de
> >--------------------------
> >

> > wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> i have downloaded and installed the free edition SP1 on a win xp pro
box
> >with SP2. I have a siemens sx303 isdn phone which is supposed to be a
full
> >tapi and capi device. When the service runs it picks up calls and
> >immediately hangs up. The server event log contains the following:
> >>
> >> Error initialising DTMF detection. Please ensure your device supports
DTMF
> >detection and you have the latest drivers installed  (4122)
> >>
> >> Then followed by:
> >>
> >> Invalid procedure call or argument (Line 2595) event id (5).
> >>
> >> Can you help?
> >>
> >> --------------------------
> >> Alex Kritikos
> >> kritikal.org
> >> alex@kritikal.org
> >> --------------------------

Re: Free editions SP1 Post Reply
25.04.2005 15:09 alex@online.kritikal.org

Hi Frank,

Software was selected already as it was the only option. One thing i noticed was that the dtmf tab and echo cancellation tab were disabled, i guess this is cause of the capi driver capabilities.
I will search then for a later capi driver although i am pessimistic as I have already argued with them about the fact the device does not support skype (even though they have written all the code for their m34 adaptor and would just be a firmware upgrade),  the m34 is not compatible with my phone even if i wanted to buy it, and the bluetooth support is not fully implementing the headset profile as claimed in the manual.
Therefore i doubt that they will do anything about it and its a pitty cause i was really excited about using your product to improve the operation of my small office...

Thanks for your kind assistance,

--------------------------
Alex Kritikos
kritikal.org
alex@kritikal.org
--------------------------

> [...]
>> >by inband signaling/DTMF.
>> >

>> >Best regards,
>> >
>> >Frank Weber
>> >TERAVoice Support
>> >--------------------------
>> >TERASENS GmbH
>> >Ackermannstraße 3
>> >80797 München
>> >--------------------------
>> >e-mail: info@terasens.de
>> >www:   www.terasens.de
>> >--------------------------
>> >

>> > wrote in message

>box
>> >with SP2. I have a siemens sx303 isdn phone which is supposed to be a
>full
>> >tapi and capi device. When the service runs it picks up calls and
>> >immediately hangs up. The server event log contains the following:

>DTMF
>> >detection and you have the latest drivers installed  (4122)

16.05.2005 17:38 TERASENS Support

Alex,

thanks for the information about the Siemens CAPI driver. And sorry
for not answering your last post, I seem to have missed it.
In fact it is true that if only "Software" appears in the tone detection,
this means that the device does not support DTMF detection.
As already mentioned the "Software" option is currently broken in
our driver (there are two drivers involved, the manufacturer's CAPI
driver and our TAPI for CAPI driver). Though, the code exists and
just needs to be patched into a future version. We did not pay much
attention to this issue because nearly all CAPI boards we have tested
in fact have DTMF detection capability...
I hope we will be able to reintroduce this functionality in the next Service
Pack. I'll contact you when we have a pre-release version.

Regarding own development: it is possible to develop this yourself
when you are developing an application, but if you want to enable DTMF
detection for a foreign application you would need to create a new
driver for a hardware device. You could develop some kind of pas-through
CAPI driver, that adds DTMF detection, but that ain't easy at all....

Probably it's best to wait until we re-add the software detection, or
easiest method: Why not buy an ISDN S0 board and plug it parallel to
the telephone?

Best regards,

Matthias Moetje
-------------------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Ackermannstraße 3
80797 München
-------------------------------------
Fon: +49 89 143370-0
Fax: +49 89 143370-22
e-mail: moetje at terasens dot de
www:   www.terasens.de
-------------------------------------

wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> its me again. I have not stopped trying. Here is the deal: I managed to
contact the developer of the Siemens CAPI driver. He told me that DTMF
detection was not requested by them and therefore not implemented by him.
Furthermore he said that the hardware is not capable of doing it so it has
to be a software solution. Now as I am a developer myself I was thinking of
trying to write it myself, but I am not sure what i need to write. How can I
implement a software dtmf solution myself on top of the siemens capi driver
(without having to reinvent the wheel). Any guidance on your part would be
greatly appreciated.

> [...]
> >>
> >>Frank Weber
> >>TERAVoice Support
> >>--------------------------
> >>TERASENS GmbH
> >>Ackermannstraße 3
> >>80797 München
> >>--------------------------
> >>e-mail: info@terasens.de
> >>www:   www.terasens.de
> >>--------------------------
> >>

> >> wrote in message

> >>answer the line, play the welcome message, provide the menu options by
text
> >>2 speech but not recognize DTMF. As you suggested you have had a report
that
> >>the siemens capi driver does not support detection. I have enabled debug
> >>logging and sent you the log as suggested, however is there an
alternative
> >>capi driver or solution to this problem or is my device incompatible?

17.05.2005 07:22 alex@online.kritikal.org

Hi Matthias,

thanks for your response. I have been looking around for toolkits and i found the turbopower async pro which used to be commercial and is now open source (in sourceforge, supports dtmf detection/generation), you probably know about it.
I have also looked at the capi proxy project which i assume you also know about...It installs a capi proxy dll on any pc (win32 and linux for the moment) which talks using TCP to some wrapper of the real CAPI dll somewhere on your network. Therefore i was thinking that given I have the source I could try to 'inject' the dtmf detection in between the server side of the capi proxy and the real DLL (since i have the server's source). I am sure this wont be easy even with a toolkit, and i am a very very busy person these days but I might give it a try, unless you are planning to release an update to your application relatively soon?

How much would an ISDN S0 board cost approximately? I only have 1 ISDN line with (2 but might be more in the future) MSNs...
I know this is a solution I am just frustrated at Siemens for not implementing this. If I knew I would have bought the ISDN board from the beginning and keep my old analogue phone...

Thanks,

--------------------------
Alex Kritikos
kritikal.org
alex@kritikal.org
--------------------------

> [...]
>> alex@kritikal.org
>> --------------------------
>>

>> >Hi Frank,
>> >
>> >Software was selected already as it was the only option. One thing i
>noticed was that the dtmf tab and echo cancellation tab were disabled, i
>guess this is cause of the capi driver capabilities.
>> >I will search then for a later capi driver although i am pessimistic as I
>have already argued with them about the fact the device does not support
>skype (even though they have written all the code for their m34 adaptor and
>would just be a firmware upgrade),  the m34 is not compatible with my phone
>even if i wanted to buy it, and the bluetooth support is not fully
>implementing the headset profile as claimed in the manual.
>> >Therefore i doubt that they will do anything about it and its a pitty
>cause i was really excited about using your product to improve the operation

17.05.2005 14:08 TERASENS Support

Hi Alex,

the effort to achieve this functionality in the way you describe would
surely take you more than a week. Even with all the source you
describe you would need to analyze the data transmitted, filter out
the relevant audio streams, decode this stream to a memory buffer,
apply a DTMF detection algorithm, then send the DTMF detection
method to the application. It's surely possible but it's kindof overkill
for this problem...

I can tell you more about an updated version in about a week.

At ebay you can get a cheap ISDN board starting from 10 EUR..

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Frank Weber
TERAVoice Support
--------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Ackermannstraße 3
80797 München
--------------------------
e-mail: info@terasens.de
www:   www.terasens.de
--------------------------

wrote in message
> [...]
> >greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> --------------------------
> >> Alex Kritikos
> >> kritikal.org
> >> alex@kritikal.org
> >> --------------------------

> >noticed was that the dtmf tab and echo cancellation tab were disabled, i
> >guess this is cause of the capi driver capabilities.
> >have already argued with them about the fact the device does not support
> >skype (even though they have written all the code for their m34 adaptor
and
> >would just be a firmware upgrade),  the m34 is not compatible with my
phone
> >even if i wanted to buy it, and the bluetooth support is not fully
> >implementing the headset profile as claimed in the manual.
> >cause i was really excited about using your product to improve the

20.05.2005 21:45 TERASENS Support

Alex,

please have a look at our hardware compatibility list:

http://www.terasens.com/products/teravoice/hardware.aspx

It depends on your country which brands are easiest to
get, only suggestion is not to buy a no-name brand, these
often have CAPI drivers that are only optimized for internet
access but not for voice. A good indication also is to have a
look at the driver date. If it's pretty old (more than 2-4 years)
you can draw your conclusions.

Best,

Frank Weber
TERAVoice Support
--------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Ackermannstraße 3
80797 München
--------------------------
e-mail: info@terasens.de
www:   www.terasens.de
--------------------------

wrote in message
> Hi Frank,
>
> thanks for the response. I will check how cheaply i can get an S0 board.
Any particular cheap one that works well with your software?

> [...]
somewhere
> >on your network. Therefore i was thinking that given I have the source I
> >could try to 'inject' the dtmf detection in between the server side of
the
> >capi proxy and the real DLL (since i have the server's source). I am sure
> >this wont be easy even with a toolkit, and i am a very very busy person
> >these days but I might give it a try, unless you are planning to release
an
> >update to your application relatively soon?
> >>
> >> How much would an ISDN S0 board cost approximately? I only have 1 ISDN
> >line with (2 but might be more in the future) MSNs...
> >> I know this is a solution I am just frustrated at Siemens for not
> >implementing this. If I knew I would have bought the ISDN board from the
> >beginning and keep my old analogue phone...

 Write Us|  Add to favorites

 ©2009 TERASENS GmbH. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice