TERAVoice General (en)

VoIP configuration using Dialogic cards

VoIP configuration using Dialogic cards Post Reply
01.06.2005 12:23 gerald@online.e-media.com.sa

Im looking on how to configuration a VoIp using dialogic card. We have systems that has dialogic card D300 PCI and directly connected to E1 which is connected to our operator/carrier. Is TeraVoice support this one? And what are the necessary requirements on setting up a VoIP. We are a IVR solution company and we what to utilize our E1 connections. Our main purpose why we what to setup a VoIP is to provide service on Internet Calling Card. Is this this possible with Tera Voice?

--------------------------
Gerald
--------------------------

Re: VoIP configuration using Dialogic cards Post Reply
01.06.2005 15:15 TERASENS Support

Gerald,

this can be done with Dialogic D300 boards and TERAVoice but there
are two real problems here that do not come from TERAVoice but
from Dialogic:

- The mentioned Dialogic board can operate on an E1 line with 30 channels
  The board has 30 "voice resources". For VoIP operation you need
full-duplex
  operation on every channel, this would require 2 voice resources per
channel.
  As a result only 15 channels can be used simultaneously in full-duplex
mode

- This Dialogic board uses an audio buffer of 128ms. This can lead to a
total
  latency of up to 300ms which is very high compared to other gateway.

Please note that these problems exist with any software, not only with
TERAVoice.

When you would use a CAPI based ISDN board (like Eicon, Gerdes, AVM etc.)
none of these problems occur.

Best regards,

Frank Weber
TERAVoice Support
--------------------------
TERASENS GmbH
Ackermannstraße 3
80797 München
--------------------------
e-mail: info@terasens.de
www:   www.terasens.de
--------------------------

wrote in message

> Im looking on how to configuration a VoIp using dialogic card. We have
systems that has dialogic card D300 PCI and directly connected to E1 which
is connected to our operator/carrier. Is TeraVoice support this one? And
what are the necessary requirements on setting up a VoIP. We are a IVR
solution company and we what to utilize our E1 connections. Our main purpose
why we what to setup a VoIP is to provide service on Internet Calling Card.
Is this this possible with Tera Voice?

> Gerald

 Write Us|  Add to favorites

 ©2009 TERASENS GmbH. All rights reserved. Copyright Notice